We aim to provide you with the best possible service. To do this we need personal information in order to ship your purchase. We hope the following will help you understand how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us on our site.
Who are “we”?
We are Ian and Anne Hoyle, a partnership trading as Saltwater River Wines, ABN: 79 319 768 194. We are small primary producers.
What kind of information do we collect from you, and why?
- When you visit www.saltwaterriverwines.com.au, Google Analytics collects some basic information about your browser. Examples are things like how long you stayed on our site, and which pages you looked at. This helps us understand how visitors browse our site, so that we can make their shopping experience better.
- We also collect personal information about you when you check out of our online store. Your name, address, phone number, etc. is needed to process payment and ship merchandise to you, and to contact you if we need to inform you of the status of your order. We may use your personal information to let you know about our products and services. For example, we may contact you with information about a wine promotion, but we will never spam you. You can contact us at any time if you no longer wish us to send these promotions or information to you.
- To comply with the Tasmanian Liquor Licensing Act 1990, we also need your date of birth as evidence that you are of, or over, 18 years of age.
How do we collect your personal information?
Sharing of personal information - we don't do it.
Under no circumstances will we share any personal information that we collect with any third parties or web sites. All the information you give us is completely private. If you give us permission to send you marketing emails then we use your email for that purpose, but never does that email address get sold or distributed to any other web site or list.
Consumer inquiries and privacy
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you. All such requests will be processed within 30 days of us having received the request.
If you have any questions about your privacy, want to make changes to your profile, have your details deleted, or get off our marketing list, simply send us an email. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us and we will promptly correct it.
Protecting your information
- This website is secured with an industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) Certificate.
- All payment information is collected under SSL - the standard internet security measure. Any data that we store about you is kept behind a secure firewall in our database and is not accessible to the public in any way. Our databases are secure password protected.
- All orders are processed by the PayPal payment gateway. Saltwater River Wines does not see or store your credit card details. PayPal has certified PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliance and is committed to the protection and integrity of customer data.
Links to other sites
You may be able to access external websites by clicking on links we provide for your interest. Those other websites are not subject to our privacy standards, policies and procedures. You will need to contact or review those websites directly to ascertain their privacy standards, policies and procedures.